As the mumps keeps spreading from state to state, more people start to panic. Here are some interesting facts concerning the mumps outbreaks.
- A major contributing factor to the outbreaks is being in a crowded environment. That is why it has become so common on college campuses.
- The MMR vaccine prevents most cases of the mumps. Luckily, the strand that is currently circulating IS protected by the vaccine
- The vaccination is crucial in order to be protected against this outbreak
- This is the most reported cases since 2006
- If you are worried, go check if you are still protected by the vaccine
- If you aren't vaccinated, it isn't too late to get the immunization
- The CDC recommends that if you do have a confirmed case to report it